Networks for Training and Development, Inc.
dedicated to promoting inclusive communities through quality training, consultation, and practice...
Networks began with a focus on training and technical assistance around disability-related issues. The organization has continued to grow in many ways, including increased staff with diverse experiences and areas of expertise, development and operation of small demonstration projects incorporating many of the founding values and beliefs of Networks, and increased topical information available through general training and consultation.
Friends, colleagues, partners, and more:
As we have been listening kind of behind-the-scenes assisting Phila. IDS in many meetings with you over the past year+ our hearts have broken many times, our awe of all you are doing has increased greatly, our respect for each of you and your employees has quadrupled, our worry has joined with you, and our feelings of impotence have been achingly real. We have met in-house at Networks after almost each of these meetings always searching “what can we possibly do to help?” It is from these that the activities of 'Philly Love' were born last Spring to try in some small ways to shine the light on those heroes and angels among us, to thank you and your staff, and to let you know we see you, we hear you.
After the last Philadelphia Provider meeting on 9/15/21 we were even more impacted. We immediately shared with our family at Networks the meeting recording because we were so moved with the very real fears as this new level of crisis is fast approaching — the need to have all staff vaccinated and/or tested regularly in order to safely work. We certainly understand the need for this new mandate and also heard your heartfelt worries and concerns in how you might meet yet another huge challenge…. and on top of all the other challenges you already are trying to deal with. And your need for a real plan in how to move forward.
We met on Friday as a group at Networks with a fervent hope that we might be able to do something, offer some help or some great idea but frankly mostly we shared our fears, worries, and sadness at what feels like a huge potential wave coming at all of us. Especially coming at you and those you have been supporting so bravely and steadfastly.
So, what can WE do??
We’re usually not out of ideas but honestly we’re not sure.
More than anything, though, we want you to know that we are here alongside you in whatever way we can and are open to your ideas and thoughts on ways we might help.
In the meantime, what we can offer is many things you and others might tap into:
- Healing Circle Calls: 4 years of recorded Calls, each 20 mins. long, ways to remember we are not alone. (https://networks-healing-circle.pinecast.co)
- 20 for 20: 20 tips of things we can all do to help combat stress, stay healthy, and weather the storms of life, delivered personally via email 1 per week for 20 weeks. (https://mailchi.mp/networksfortraining/a-giftfor-you?e=c96bc13a74)
- Just Pause: 1 - 3 min. long audio and/or video meditations to help us take just a little healthy pause. (https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLraST0y2NqSl9zj2aP9oM49XxunFN5Btp)
- On Being a Service Warrior: an interview series of people who have chosen a way of service despite a life that wasn’t necessarily easy. (https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLraST0y2NqSn1hPIvVJdVsqRPEw4Nx84V)
- Philly Love: an activity that honored the top 5 Phila. service providers affected by COVID and then specifically awarding 36 Phila. provider staff who went above and beyond (nominated by their peers). This new year we are continuing to highlight these 36 award winners 1 per week via Facebook and monthly email honoring the previous months honorees. We are also looking to run another Philly Love project this Spring to acknowledge even more of our incredible heroes (https://www.facebook.com/phillylove2021/; https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLraST0y2NqSkLilAWCFjClD1V-9UWhzd0; http://www.insidenetworks.org)
- Philly Superheroes: a new podcast series (to start very soon) interviewing some of the best-of-the-best essential workers in Phila. and highlighting all they are giving.
- A free 30-day trial to the Lokahi Space, which will provide temporary access to all of Networks’ Wholistic Practices offerings. https://app.networksfortraining.org/register/lokahifree21/
- Creating a Day in the Life video, which will feature local employment support professionals sharing a snapshot of their “un-typical” schedules and passion for their work and people they support.
- Launch of Trainers’ Guild: (coming soon) an online community of trainers, where ideas and strategies will be shared via discussion boards, and online resources.
- Hosting an ongoing Virtual Job Fair for Employment Support Professionals (philaonthejob.org)
- Various other free resources on Networks’ YouTube and Pinecast channels (https://www.youtube.com/user/net4trn and http://www.insidenetworks.org/2020/04/10/podcasts-are-here/)
- Soon to be released Networks’ App which will house officially our complete Online University and make available to you and others various videos that highlight the role of Direct Support Professionals.
- Being available to help facilitate discussions and planning.
- Continuing to listen, think with you, and join in other activities to partner with you.
Please know we are here and offer our hands and hearts in this struggle.
~ The Networks’ Team
- Help us thank essential workers through our Philly Love project!
- Networks' Current COVID-19 Protocol
- COVID-19 and Employment Supports
- Employment Success Stories
- Join Our Mailing List
- Get Your Complimentary Copy of the Dreams Coming True Audiobook Now!
Networks' Podcast Offerings:
20 for 20
"20 For 20" is a series of “bite-sized” inspirational and educational podcasts - 20 offerings, each approximately 20 minutes long - delivered directly to your inbox once a week. Click here to sign up for the 20 for 20 podcast series.
Taste of Wellness
Networks' "Taste of Wellness" is a series of introductory informational sessions on various wellness practices you can explore for yourself and others.
A message from Networks' Executive Director
Our world is changing all around us. For the past few months, we have been navigating the landscape of life with the COVID-19 pandemic, and in recent weeks, the killings of Ahmaud Arbery, George Floyd and Breonna Taylor have led to a surge in protests not just nationally but globally.
Networks' mission begins with "promoting inclusive communities," which means that there should be space for ALL of us - regardless of perceived ability, race, gender, income, education, etc... This also means that where space does not currently exist for certain groups, it is our mission to make room.
We stand for social justice, always have and always will. #blacklivesmatter
Check out these regularly scheduled live opportunities:
Weekly Employment Forum - Wednesdays, 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. ET
Healing Circle Calls - 1st Mondays, 8:00 - 8:20 p.m. ET
Networks' Virtual Office House - Thursdays, 12:00 - 3:00 p.m. ET
For information about these and other various offerings, check out our EVENT CALENDAR for the most up to date information. Join Our Mailing List to be kept informed about these and more opportunities.
We urge you all to stay healthy and safe!
Executive Director, Networks for Training and Development, Inc.
What We Do...
Disability Training & Consultation
- resources / connections for a fuller life
- transition / life changes
- inclusive communities
- systems development / innovation
Wellness Education & Activities
- specializing in disabilities, chronic illness, trauma, and grief
- workshops / self-help instruction
- practitioners’ network
Organizational Support & Consultation
- leadership, team dynamics, and strategic planning
- systems planning, policy development, and evaluation
- non-profit startup, mission and Board development
- inclusive event planning
lighting the world
To all the dear people at Networks... You are lighting the world!
My favorite place with my favorite people
~ Jenn Seybert
What a great bunch of people who do amazing work!
~ Ruth Siegfried
We are pleased to accept donations online via PayPal: