“Mahalo Maui” and “Philly Love” are projects of Networks for Training and Development, Inc. with the help of local citizens to provide community celebrations to honor the lifesaving work done by our tireless, dedicated essential workers during the past pandemic year. We are inviting others to be part of an extended celebration this Spring through June 30, 2021!
Our vision is to provide thanks, opportunities for healing, fun, relaxation, and appreciation for all they have selflessly given. This is an opportunity for Maui and Philadelphia (and everywhere) to give generously in many ways, to build community, and to show our love and thanks to those who have kept us safe and sane during the long and difficult days of the pandemic.
We are inviting all local businesses and groups to be a part of this effort and challenge your creativity to find a way that is right for you. Whether it’s a special discount or offering we leave it to you to decide your form of gratitude. And if you already have any particular specials planned during this timeframe, you might offer it as a “Mahalo Maui” or “Philly Love Special”. Whatever you decide, you become an integral part of our give-back.
Here are some possible ideas to consider:
- If you are a type of business that provides classes or events (virtual or in person), you could offer a particular session free or discounted to essential workers.
- If you are a retailer, you might consider a special discount associated with the holidays occurring during our celebration timeframe.
- Regardless of your business, you could designate a special one-day discount or offer for a specified group.
- If you are a restaurant, you could offer a two-for-one or discount on a certain snack, entrée, or special item.
- If you offer food, floral, or other gift items, you could drop-off items for staff at hospices, hospitals, non-profits, local schools, police or fire stations.
There are many creative ways to come up with a ‘love’ that would not be too costly to your business and, in fact, could build your business and show our community you care. By participating, you will be included in a special Facebook page, be part of coordinated advertising efforts with media and community calendars, and will receive a decal with our logo to let your community know you recognize these extraordinary people.
Join with us in this “Mahalo Maui” and “Philly Love” movement!
LET’S DO THIS… #mahalomaui, #phillylove!!
You can donate to Philly Love and Mahalo Maui online via PayPal, credit, or debit card.
Michael Franti gives thanks (and a special performance) to essential workers in Philadelphia and Maui!
"Philly Love" and "Mahalo Maui" organizer, Rosa McAllister, speaks about this celebration of essential workers... with a lil shout-out from our Philly-Maui buddy, G. Love!
Lei'ohu Ryder offers a prayer of thanks and blessings to our esential workers!
Mahalo (thanks) to first responders from Ke Kula 'o Pi'ilani!
Taimane Gardner thanks esential workers for all their efforts!