Lokahi Guild Collaborative Adventure!
Networks for Training and Development, Inc., The Lokahi Guild,
Cuba Wellness Adventures, Las Aguas Fund, and Butterfly Effect Maui
are thrilled to offer our first collaboration in CUBA, February 2019!!
Calling all those involved in health and wellness work of one sort or another! Here's an amazing opportunity to travel to an incredible location few have really experienced, learn a variety of spiritual and wellness practices from local experts, exchange wellness tools and be a part of a seva yoga / of-service-give-back-volunteer-on-vacation opportunity, and experience the culture of beautiful people by living and learning side-by-side with them.
February 15—22, 2019
This 8 day / 7 night retreat is not for everyone..... this is for those who wish to expand not just their skills as a wellness practitioner but also their personal self and deepen their calling. Together we will learn in a true exchange of culture, beliefs, values, and skills. We will live in local homes (not hotels), learn daily from kindred Cuban souls doing similar wellness and health-related work, teach them skills and tools we use for ourselves and others, offer free services to local communities, assist in local projects to help however we can, enjoy incredible music and dance, eat amazing local foods, and be a part of a growing connection with Cuba in a true exchange of learning and culture.
This retreat is a first of its kind..... a collaboration between Cuba Wellness Adventures, the Lokahi Guild, Networks for Training and Development, Inc., and local Cuban community projects... and one of the first activities of the Las Aguas Fund, to help support sustainability in Cuban wellness communities.
February 22—25, 2019
Not enough?? Then consider joining us for 3 nights / 4 extra days in Havana following this learning and seva retreat in Cienfuegos! We will experience the famous Cuban culture, art, music, and dance in person. We will stay in local homes, and have private drivers and Cuban guides all while exploring and soaking in the beauty and excitement of Havana.
Havana Area, Cuba!
February 25—28, 2018
Still not enough??? Add on to your Cuban adventure by staying 3 more nights / 4 additional days by participating in the Butterfly Effect Maui's first event in Cuba! Known for her world-wide events helping women and girls get out on the water in non-competitive fun, Tatiana Howard (amazing Maui wind surfer, kite boarder, SUP'er, water woman, and founder of the Butterfly Effect Maui) and Cuba Wellness Adventures will be hosting another first-ever in Cuba.... a paddling experience for locals and others to experience the fun of ocean sports! We will move this additional retreat to the northern shores of Cuba, outside of Havana, for even more fun and sharing of aloha!
Cienfuegos, Cuba! Feb. 15-22, 2019Included:
- 8 days / 7 nights accommodations in private inns
- daily breakfast
- daily yoga, wellness, and healing tools taught by a combination of Cuban and US teachers
- cultural exchange and coordinating seva projects (e.g. community clinics, clean-ups, and other give-back activities to our local hosts)
- 2 meals a day (breakfast + either lunch or dinner depending on schedule)
- 2 ocean activities days
- 3 dance classes
- walking history tour of Cienfuegos
- live music receptions at the start and end of our trip
- bilingual guides
- nature reserve / meet with conservationists + waterfall hike / pranayama meditation
- transportation to included activities
- coordination for *optional live music / private dance and yoga classes, other cultural exploration not in schedule
3 Nights in Havana, Cuba! Feb. 22-25, 2019Included:
- daily yoga
- transportation to included events and, if participating in Cienfuegos week, transportation to Havana
- daily breakfast and one other meal per day (lunch or dinner)
- 4 days / 3 nights accommodations in private inns
- bilingual guides
- 1 dance class
- visit to 2 community art projects
- gallery visit / artist talk
- live drum / dance performance
- walking tour of UNESCO world heritage sites in Old Havana
- visit artist collective / warehouse space
- coordination of *optional live music, dance and performances
3 Days with Butterfly Effect in Havana / Eastern Beaches, Cuba! Feb. 25-28, 2019Included:
- 4 days / 3 nights accommodations in private inns in Havana (also possible for participants to request housing in beach area)
- daily breakfast
- daily transportation to and from Eastern Beaches
- coordination of cultural exchange with SUP, windsurfing, and kite surfing clubs
- coordination of Cuban young women and women entrepreneurs to participate in water sports workshops and workshops about entrepreneurship
- equipment rental to participate in workshops
- bilingual guides
- dinner reception with live music on closing evening
- daily yoga at ocean
- coordination of *optional evening live music events
Not Included: airfare, airport transfers (although we are happy to help with information), transportation to *optional events, fees for *optional events, alcohol
Prices per person
(all trip prices include a donation to Las Aguas Fund, BE Maui, or another local group)
Cienfuegos double occupancy: $2,169 ($200 donation)
Cienfuegos single occupancy: $2,569 ($200 donation)
3 days in Havana (only) double occupancy: $969 ($75 donation)
3 days in Havana (only) single occupancy: $1,169 ($75 donation)
BE days only double occupancy: $1,169 ($75 donation)
BE days only single occupancy: $1,369 ($75 donation)
Cienfuegos + 3 days in Havana double occupancy: $2,869 ($250 donation)
Cienfuegos + 3 days in Havana single occupancy: $3,269 ($250 donation)
BE days + Havana days double occupancy: $1,889 ($100 donation)
BE days + Havana days single occupancy: $2,189 ($100 donation)
All 3 trips double occupancy: $3,889 ($300 donation)
All 3 trips single occupancy: $4,329 ($300 donation)
Registration and Payment
Please go to http://cubawellnessadventures.com/register/ to register for one or more of these retreats! Please specify which trip you are interested in (see above in Trip Details)
A deposit of $375 is required to secure your trip by January 5, 2019, with full payment by January 15, 2019. Please go to https://squareup.com/store/cuba-wellness-adventures-llc/item/cuba-wellness-adventures-trip-deposit to secure your deposit.
Join with us for part one, two, or all three of this amazing Cuban adventure...
truly a once in a lifetime experience... all while benefitting the growth
and sustainability of Cuban culture. Be there. Help make this happen.